Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Please read the following for some common questions and answers regarding solicitation in the Borough. Please remember to always ask to see a solicitation permit. If the individual does not have one, call Northern Regional Police Department.
1. Is soliciting in Bradford Woods against the law?
Answer: It is unlawful to peddle, solicit, canvass within the Borough of Bradford Woods without a license.
2. How is a license obtained?
Answer: An application is filed with the Clerk of the Northern Regional Police Department (NRPD). The application fee is $175.00. An individual license is required for each person soliciting within the borough. The license fee is $15.00 per individual, per day.
3. Are there any exemptions to the license requirement?
Answer: The following organizations are exempt; religious, charitable, patriotic, political, philanthropic, public interest or community service organizations.
4. What can I do if I don’t want peddling or soliciting at my door?
Answer: Contact the borough manager, Natalie Thiess, in writing and ask to be placed on the “No solicitation list”.
When an entity receives a license to peddle/solicit/canvass, they are provided with a list of residences/ dwellings that they are not permitted to visit. This list is provided by the Chief of Police from the NRPD at the time the license is issued. You may also display a “no solicitation” sign in your window or door.
5. How will I know if someone has a license to solicit?
Answer: It is the responsibility of the peddler/ solicitor/ canvasser/ merchant to produce his/her license upon request to any resident of the Borough with whom he/she would like to do business.
6. Are there time restrictions associated with a licensed solicitor/ peddler?
Answer: Yes, they are prohibited from operating before 9:00 am and after 9:00pm Monday through Sunday.
7. What can I do if I am on the “no solicitation list” and I receive a knock at my door and/or an individual does not produce a license upon request?
Answer. Report the incident to the NRPD at 724-625-3156. However, if you feel it is an emergency, please dial 911.
8. Are members of religious organizations, political parties etc.… allowed to knock on my door if I have displayed a ‘No Solicitation” or “No Trespassing” sign?
Answer: No. Even though these groups do not need a license, they must obey the resident’s wishes.